staceyhuston7

Head In The Clouds

Books, Book Reviews, And Random Musings

Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh #3)

Shades of Blood - Samantha Young More Reviews:

Head In The Clouds

It's official. This series is one of my new favorites!! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it, thanks Goodreads! Each book is as suspenseful and action packed as the previous but it never gets tiring or repetitive like some books can.

In the third and final installment, Eden is back home in Boston at Cyrus' compound along with Noah, Noah's parents, and Valeria. Noah and Eden are a hot item for sure, talk about sizzling, I loved it! Unfortunately Eden and October's friendship is left strained by the final events of Blood Past. This really saddened me but it kept it real, of course October would be mad at Eden. Cyrus is trying to find out who is causing unrest among the Neiths, causing them to rise against the Ankhs. Before he can do that Octobers family is taken by a group of soul eaters who are also out to take out Eden and her fellow Ankhs. This causes a reunion between October and Eden giving them a chance to hash it out. We also find out that Cyrus has kept something HUGE from Eden. So huge it causes a rift between Eden, Noah, and Cyrus. I can't say I blame her for being pissed at them. Though once again I understand where they are coming from but where is the loyalty?! Eden was left facing one final choice. A choice that would ultimately change how she looks at herself.

This book was so suspenseful I seriously could not stop reading. My hubby kept trying to talk to me and he would either not get a response or when he was being exceptionally annoying he would receive a death glare. One thing I loved about this series that some may not like is the fact that once becoming Ankh Eden didn't have to deal with mundane everyday things, like school. I wish my life was like that, I don't go to school but it would be awesome to not have to go to work. The relationships were so well built that I could really feel the love the characters had for each other. When it was all said and done I shut the book feeling completely satisfied with how it ended. It's not often you can say that and I'm glad I found a series that gives me a feeling of closure. Seriously if you haven't yet you need to read these books!