staceyhuston7

Head In The Clouds

Books, Book Reviews, And Random Musings

Halo

Raksha (Blood and Fire Series (A Young Adult Dystopian Series)) - Frankie Rose More Reviews:

Head In The Clouds

**I received an eARC through Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. In no way does that effect the thoughts and opinions expressed here. I did not get paid in any way for posting this review.**

REVIEW

So much amazingness in one book. Where do I even start? How do I adequately express my love for it?

First off I just want to say how much I love a badass heroine. Seriously, my favorite parts were when Kit proved she could hold her own against the toughest of men. She has to go through a lot in just a few chapters. Imagine feeling nothing your whole life then bam feelings start to trickle in and you're left feeling guilty and dirty. She handles it well and I love that she doesn't really rely on anyone to get her through it.

Of course she had her weak moments but that was okay because it gave Ryka a chance to be a sexy he-man, which he does incredibly well. The chemistry between Ryka and Kit is the best, especially since Kit doesn't fully understand how she feels. All I hate your guts one minute to I think I might kiss you the next. Ok, maybe not that quickly, I don't consider it insta-love people!

The world building and character development is amazing. In fact we don't get to know one character very well before they meet catastrophe but yet I still felt for them. The author did a really good job showing how overwhelming it was for Kit as she started to experience emotions for the first time, but I loved that she didn't let Kit turn into a puddle of depression. Kit kept her backbone.

The ending, oh that ending. Such suspense! While I'm content with how it ended, it still feels as if I've been cut off from a drug. I'm having a serious book hangover here. I'm dying to know what's going to happen next with Kit and Ryka, with Freetown, with JAMES (I'm sensing an unwanted claiming...NOOO)! I hope publication is like SOON but if not I really, really hope Frankie Rose is writing the next installment, like right NOW.

Let's see, what did I not like? Hmmmm... Nope there isn't ONE thing I would change about this book!

Halo has everything, action, suspense, gritty fight scenes, and unbelievable chemistry. From page one I couldn't read fast enough, I HAD to know what was going to happen. What are you waiting for? Go get it now!