staceyhuston7

Head In The Clouds

Books, Book Reviews, And Random Musings

Where You'll Find Me - Erin Fletcher
**I received this as an eARC throught Netgalley from the publisher.  In no way does that effect the thoughts and opinions expressed here.  I did not receive compensation in any way for this review.**

REVIEW

I feel like most of the good books I have read recently have been full of deep feels and have been mostly contemporary stories. This book was no different, it gave me sooo many feels!  There were moments of sadness but the happiness outshines them!

I loved Hanley.  I loved how sarcastic she was, a lot of her witty retorts had me snickering, even if it was a self defense mechanism for her. I felt for her and wished she could come to terms with her grief and that her parents would realize what they were doing to her. Then she finds Nate, or is it he that finds her, either way I love him.  I loved them together!  Nate became Hanley's leaning post, the person she could trust with her sadness.  While I kept hoping for her to find the strength in herself to overcome things I was really glad she had him.  But Nate has his own secret and unfortunately Nate wasn't ready to share his secrets. I felt for Hanley because of it, I mean she opened up and made herself vulnerable but Nate won't do the same in return.  Of course when he does it's a bombshell!

There were also some rock solid supporting characters, I kind of wish we had more time to see their interactions, they were just the type of friends Hanley needed and I'm left wishing we could have seen them grow and develop more, it read like they each have their own story to tell.

The pacing was excellent and when I wasn't swooning I was dying of suspense over what Nate's secret was and how it would effect his and Hanley's fragile relationship.

Coming off my happy buzz I have to say that the ending left me with a few questions and you could say I'm now secretly hoping for a follow up book so those questions are answered.

In short: Where You'll Find Me is a quick, cute but at times serious read that I loved and know I will read again. I highly recommend!