staceyhuston7

Head In The Clouds

Books, Book Reviews, And Random Musings

Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2)

Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries #2) - Michele Vail I received an arc copy of Unchosen from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thanks Michele Vail and FFBC!

I've never understood why someone (or something) can't just tap you on the shoulder and say, "Look, the apocalypse will be here on Tuesday. You might want to get a helmet and a weapon. Tell your friends."

REVIEW

I'm unsure of how I really feel about Unchosen. It was good and I'm glad I got a chance to read it but it definitely had a middle book feel to it. At times it felt rushed and there were parts that in my opinion could have used more depth but were barely talked about. Especially Molly and Rath's relationship, it felt rather lacking of emotion.

Aside from that it was a good read. Molly is told early on that there will be a competition to decide who will be The Champion of Anubis, this upsets Molly for obvious reasons since she is the champion according to Anubis himself. While training she loses touch with her friends, which I was sad to see happen, I really wish they could be more of a team. Henry her ghoul also hints that it's important to find a specific book, Anubis and the Seventh Warrior, which evidently holds clues to Molly's family secrets. There is also somebody that's trying to get to Molly, she gets attacked several times and the person even goes after her bio-dad and family. All of this crap goes down and Anubis is nowhere to be found, what good is having a god for a dad if you can't count on him to help in battle?! There is a crazy discovery at the end of the book and a cliffhanger that leaves you wondering what is going to happen. Like I said I did enjoy reading the book but it left a lot of ends untied, hence the middle book feeling. I predict the final book being AMAZING!

Keep calm ... and carry your scythe.

Find More Reviews: